is this possible??

okay so I have been seeing other posts of Christmas photos and you guys have totally motivated me into trying to set up a little holiday scene and try to capture some pictures of my RAMBUNCTIOUS soon to be three year old.is there any way I can just add in a SANTA background afterwards or any something else so it looks more in the holiday spirit and professional .If I take the photo's is it possible for someone to edit them and add that for me??I am not experienced I just want some pictures of him for my family members and Christmas card since a lot of our family hasn't seen him since he was around 1 years old,it would mean a lot to me!!!Thanks for you help!!!

BlakesMommy2006

Asked by BlakesMommy2006 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It really depends. First you need a good camera, at least 8 megapixles IMO. Then you'd need to leave room in your scene for where you want to put the santa. Then you need to find a santa that you can use without copyright infringement. You will need a good photoediting program or you can hire someone to edit it for you. (there are editing groups on CM....but having it done in a group...it won't be printable,,,it'd be too small.) I'd really recommend seeing if there is a Portrait Innovations studio near you, for under $15 you can get a package with lots of pictures.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• If you go to Wal-Mart you can have his picture taken in a variety of poses with several different Christmassy backgrounds and pick the ones you like and see them on a monitor right there and only pay for what you want, they are pretty inexpensive and the photographers really care and are experienced in getting the children to smile and look cute.
    There are even packets of personalized Christmascards and so on, for cheaper than you can do them yourself.
    I think you would be surprised if you look into it. (My daughter is a Wal-Mart Photo Studio employee and she does this all day long, and I swear some of the stuff she does is magic!)
    Anonymous

• try using fotoflexer.com. If yuo dont have much luck message me with your email and I can help you. However right now walmart has a great deal. You can 36 pictures for $4.99 but photo editing gives you more room to be creative
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yes you absolutely CAN do that! Do it on your computer at home using a photoshop. You can take your son out and place him on any background you want. A great program for that is Adobe ImageReady and Adobe ImageShop. It says right in the manual that comes with the program how. Check the manual for you photo program to check for photoshop options.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• IMO the wal-mart photo studio is way too expensive for standard quality. If you want to do christmas cards, You could take a pic of him in front of the tree and presents and then design a christmas card that has santa on it. Trying to add santa to a pic might not look good. I am sure you have at least on photo editing software that came on your computer that lets you create greeting cards. Like HP Image Zone. Or even Microsoft Works has a word processor that will let you create greeting cards. Or you can take the photo and upload it to a photo center and they will have greeting card template you can choose from.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 11:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2008