I need help with food I have a family of five and we are out of food.

My husband was just laid off from his job of 15 years we are living with his Paralyzed mother and we have two kids a nine yr old and a 12 yr old.We have little money and no food. When I say little money I mean maybe 15.00 dollars.Thanksgiving is coming up and we have nothing.I don't know what to do. My Mother is as bad off financially as we are or I would ask her for help.

srb0578

Asked by srb0578 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• Call the Lions club and churches, there should be a food pantry. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Try food banks/pantries,missions for free meals,food stamps.
    Call human services/socail services in your area for help.
    Talk to the school about reduced lunch programs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Try your local churches or see if they are having any thanksgiving dinners held anywhere for the public. Or maybe you could call some friends and see if you could make a dish and come and eat.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1021738/where_to_get_a_free_thanksgiving_turkey.html?page=1&cat=74
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• In a phone book.. the easiest way to look is in the yellow pages under food bank.. also CHURCHES, CHURCHES, CHURCHES... Go down the list. Esp. Catholic Churches. They wont hassle you and try to get you to come to church on Sunday that's not how Catholic's work. I'll be praying for you, you wont go with out!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Lions club, big churches, social services you can likely apply for emergency food stamps which means you will run out of food within 72 hours. They also usually have lists for food banks and other charities that can help. Catholic Charities also helps with food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Your local church would be a good resource. Also your community action center. God Bless.
    luv2laaf

Answer by luv2laaf at 9:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Angel Food Ministries.
    Anonymous

• I was also going to say Angel Food Minsitries
    momofasweetie

Answer by momofasweetie at 1:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• exactly the reaseon we arent having thanksgivig this year...though i can get away with that my oldest is only 2.5 um mac n cheese and stuff like that for the time being.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2008