subchorionic bleeding

I am 9 weeks pregnant and have had bleeding on and off since I was 5 weeks. The ultrasound shows that I have a subchorionic hemorrhage. Last night I was driving when I felt a gush of fluid between my legs. I touched my pants and saw blood on my hands. I rushed to the ER. My panties and pants were soaked with blood. My HCG levels were up from my last visit and the ultrasound showed that the baby had a heart beat of 170 and was swimming around. The ER doc says I have a 50% chance of miscarrying this baby.

Has anyone else experienced this? What was the outcome?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've never experienced this but I'm so sorry..I pray everything works out. Remember God is in control and if your meant to have this baby it will be so.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My situation is not as severe as yours: I'm 8 weeks pregnant & have been bleeding for a little over a week now. My sister has had 2 miscarriages & 2 premature babies (one of which did not survive) so I'm a little more worried & nervous than most other women would probably be. I had an internal ultrasound on Friday & my baby had a heartbeat of 167 & was also swimming around. I thought 167 was kinda high but the doctors told me everything was fine & sent me home on bedrest for the next week until my next appt. This was Friday it's now Sunday & I'm still bleeding & cramping.

bellamama09

Answer by bellamama09 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I don't know anything about subchorionic bleeds unfortunately but I wish you all the best in the world, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. My only advice is to rest- put your feet up, don't go to work if that's a possibility for you, don't exercise- just rest and relax. Keep yourself calm; stress and anxiety free. And know that if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be & it's not your fault that this is happening. Most of the time there is no way a miscarriage can really be prevented- so nothing you did brought this on. I hope this helps.
    bellamama09