food,,,,,,,,,household items

If you had 175.oo a week to buy groceries and stuff where wouldu shop and how,,,,,,it seems like alot, but it is not,,,my kids r picky eaters ,,,i need ideas ,,,,,maybe just shop at walmart and that is it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• You have to make a list. Be careful shopping at "wherehouse stores" because even tho most items are cheaper, some are marked up. Comparison shop, buy a sunday paper and look at the ads.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I find one stop shopping like at Walmart is the best to do. Just make a list and stick to it.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 9:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Shop at Aldi's or Save a Lot. They have very good food at reasonable prices. Most of your cleaning supplies and things like toilet paper, toothpaste etc. can be bought in the Dollar stores. Your money will go further that way and you will get more bang for the buck.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I dont really get good deals ecspecially on meat at walmart. Not to mention I know their milk isnt something Id ever give my kids bc of the high hormone levels in the cows they use. I would look into smaller grocery stores like Food Smart, Save-Alot etc. If you have an Aldis you can get the main staples there pretty cheap. I would also cut coupons and get things on sale as much as possible. I have picky eaters too so I feel your pain and my food budget is about the same as yours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• See my husband retired military so we can shop at the commissary on Post. Walmart is pretty cheep.  But it all depends on were you live too.

Answer by louise2 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• OMG that is my budget every week. Here is what I do. Every Sunday I get up and cut coupons. I make my list of things that I trully need for the house/boys etc. I take with me a calculator and I shop at Walmart.

Now, I won't buy meat there, I will go to my local Safeway for that. I can buy a lot at Walmart. They have the best prices around.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My grocery spending is only $400 per month and $300 for HH. I usually buy food that is on sale that week and buy discounted meat, when they have reduced it. Making things from scratch.

Cvs and walgreens, I use them for whatever is on HH items on sale, that I can get free.

fatwallet.com will always have who is having what on sale.
    Anonymous

• Walmart and Aldi.
    Anonymous

• wow wish i had that to spend on groceries...try 60-80max. anyway...i shop at frys grocery store. it seems to be cheeper then walmart if you buy the generic stuff.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• First thing about the milk and the cows walmart uses ... are you serious?? Youve got to be kidding, walmart has the same milk as every other grocery store ive been to. Second I mostly shop at meijer but when i do go to walmart i buy the hamburger that is in the roll, its like $6 for five pounds and it isnt bad meat. Sometimes i go to a meat shop, we have one called Cattlemans here and they give a huge box full of meat for anywhere from $60 and up depending on what you get. I would make a list and only get the things on the list, do not buy things you see as you walk by, another tip, dont go shopping hungry lol, it makes you want everything!!
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008