Im a 24yr old and have a 6yr old girl. Im thinking about getting a tattoo but not sure if its a good example for my child? What should I do?

roxy1209

Asked by roxy1209 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Oh hell, I have 4. They all represent my boys somehow. I say go for it!! I could care less what anyone thinks and my boys don't care at all.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I got my first on when the boys were 4 and 8----by the way---:-)
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• If you don't want your child to grow up and get a tattoo, you shouldn't get one. But if you don't care if they grow up and get a tattoo, go get a tattoo. Depends on what you want to instill in your kid.

Answer by louise2 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I have two tattoos. Tattoos arent bad to have. I dont know why some people think they are. You can be classy and not trashy and still have a tattoo.

Answer by gemgem at 10:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i have 2 tattoos and want to get another. my son is 5 and he likes the pretty flowers on mommy's ankle. i don't think it's a big deal and when my son gets older if he wants a tattoo when he's older i don't mind. but to each there own. good luck
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Why don't you think its a good example?
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My father has always disliked them. I feel different about tattoos. I like them but not too many. Maybe one or two but thats what im afraid of. That my lil girl will grow up and want more than one or two. I would hate for her to have trouble looking for a good job. But thats years from now. I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much.
    roxy1209

Answer by roxy1209 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• You wouldn't be setting a bad example by getting tattoos. Your example is set by your actions and not by a tattoo or hair color or how you dress. I have 2 of them and want more. One of my sons wants one when he turns 18, and I'm fine with that (8 years till that happens). The other 2 have never mentioned it. Lots of good decent people have tatts.
    If she ever mentions getting one when she's older, talk to her about being discreet. Like keeping them where they can be hidden if need be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Having tattoos doesn't make anyone bad I have 9...... 4 of which my kids actually drew and went in with me to see their drawings tattooed on me I think teaching your children to be individuals and express themselves has benefits that will stick with them for the rest of their lives ...but like a previous poster said if you dont want her to get one then dont do it yourself .
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Good example?

I have 6 of them. One of the tattoos I got ...I brought my daughter with me and they let her sit in the chair and put a temp. tattoo on her arm. It was so funny! But just because you get them doesn't mean your daughter will want one. My SD is 14 and says she will never get one sooo...it's all a personal choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2008