OMFSM! Have you seen this site? What do you think?

http://www.christiansagainstcartoons.com/

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 9:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think its satire like landover
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• There are extremes in every group. Obviously not all Christians feel that way about cartoons. I think some things are questionable, but too often people are just digging as deep as they can to find something wrong.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• And off topic...what does OMFSM mean?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Oh My Flying Spaghetti Monster, the only god I call out to.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• And you're right renee there are extremes in every group. The sad thing is, I don't think this is satire, like anon suggested. I think these people actually believe these cartoons are evil. Well at least they have the option of changing the channel when they don't want to watch.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:35 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• LOL, cute one!

I've heard of people not letting their children read certain books or watch certain movies because of "magic"...but what is so wrong with make-believe? I don't think it's teaching them to become witches or wizzards, lol. Most of the cartoons today are FAR better than they were when I was little. They allowed racial comments, smoking, and drinking on cartoons when I was growing up.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• One of my biggest problems with cartoons today is that some of them promote stupidity, idiocy, and ignorance. Have you ever seen Ed, Edd, and Eddy on cartoon network. That show was horrible, and my SS always wanted to imitate the Ed, character, who was moronic. It really made me mad anytime I heard him acting like that, because I knew he was acting below his education and maturity level.

At first I had a real problem with Spongebob too, but then I actually watched a few episodes, and figured out that Patrick and Spongebob are more naive, than stupid. And sometimes they throw in some pretty good life lessons, so it's now a favorite in our house.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Its either A. A satire site like Land Over Baptist site.
    Or
    B. Just people with extreme views.
    Either way who cares, its called freedom of speech and expression. I dont think theyll get far in demonizing Dora LOL. And hey Thank God we have free speech! It means everyone has to the right to their views and I might not agree with the views but I support their right to have them and express them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• This one is good for a laugh
    http://objectiveministries.org/kidz/
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yeah Ed, Edd, and Eddy is dumb. Most of what's on Cartoon Network is pretty dumb to me. I like some of their morning shows like What's New Scooby Doo and Baby Looney Tunes, but other than that we don't watch it. We stick to PBS kids or Disney. My kids watch Spongebob on occassion but there have been a few episodes I had to question...we don't make it a habit of watching it, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2008