What lotion/cream did you use while you were pregnant to help prevent/lessen(sp) strech marks? Did any actually work???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh, I coated myself in cocoa butter and different stretch mark treatments for pregnant women...every day...religiously. I'm covered in stretch marks and I gained the prescribed 30 lbs only. I think its going to happen if its going to happen. I can honestly say that it doesn't really bother me though. Its not like I "gave up" the body to wear a bikini or midriff shirts, I didn't exactly have abs of steel before, so it hasn't changed my life one bit to have some battle scars.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My doctor recommended Lubriderm which I used faithfully and I have no stretch marks but I didn't get big with either of my kids; I think that had more to do with it than the actual moisturizer I used.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I tried everything... drenched my stomach in it twice a day... but once I hit 28 weeks I already had TONS of stretch marks... My dr. told me that they are genetic. if your mom has them then theres almost nothing you can do to prevent them. After I had my son, I started to use bio oil, and some other lotion from avon... I can see a difference...and so can my hubby... they are lighter but ther are still there...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I use Palmers organic cream to prevent strech marks, it smells good and so far its going good for me....
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I'm using Mustela right now.

I'm running out, so I think I will buy another brand, just to shop around.

Mine is working with 0 stretch marks so far. I do it once a day, some times every other day.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I found a great system on a body building website for preventing stretch marks. I was worried because I got them just from growing. My mother has a road map from her chest to her knees, NO LIE, and they are hereditary. I knew I was doomed, but gave it a try. It worked and I did not get one new stretch mark. I gained the normal amount of weight and delivered full term. I can PM you because it's too long to fit here, so send me your info if you want to know.
    FreeHomeBiz

Answer by FreeHomeBiz at 1:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I'm only about 4 weeks preg. but my sisters due any day and she swears by a product called "Mothers Friend" she said I may have to special order it from Walgreens
    Anonymous