What activities do you do with 3 year olds?

We do educational workbooks, card games, and coloring. But I want something that will be really fun for her. Crafts are still kind of a challenge since I would have to do the cutting and cluing. I want something that she can do without any help.

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 11:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DD loves to read to me--basically she sits and points out stuff in the picutures. We do crafts that include pony beads and chenille stems (pipe cleaners) and I found a foamy craft that includes a lot of self stick stickers. She loves to color and play and we watch educatioanl videos as well as play some board games. BTW mine will be 3 in June.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I got my son a ds when he was four because there are educational games for them....he only plays the edu ones and on a time limit but those helped him with abc's numbers and shapes
    mamabear131028

Answer by mamabear131028 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Puzzles. There are puzzles for any ability, so you should be able to find something for her. And simple blocks, either wooden ones or Megablocks and the like, are great for dexterity and flexing the imagination. Big towers are ALWAYS appealing to small children, especially when they get to knock them down afterwards. And fun for grown-ups, too! ;)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• she has already been doing all of these things for a while. she is about 1 to 2 years ahead of other children her age. we're looking for new, interesting things to do.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Take a one gallon milk jug, wash, let dry. Cut off the top , but leave the handle. The opening should be big enough your child can drop something into easily. Use wooden clothespins..the kind that are just straight...no clips. Use different colored..non-toxic markers to color in the tops of the clolthspins..use the basic colors..red, green, blue, purple, yellow,orange,brown, and black.Make an even amount for each color.
    Have your child stand back, within arms reach of the jug, and have them drop the clothspins in one at a time. After all have been dropped in..or missed, count each color...the color with the most in, give a prize such as a sticker, or a small toy, etc. After the first set, have child step back a little more. repeating, so there have been say 4 or 5 games played in one setting.
    This helps them learn coordination, colors, and how to count...but don't go beyond ten.
    My kids love this game!!!
    1redjellybean

Answer by 1redjellybean at 12:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We do simple crafts that they can manage with a little help...bead necklaces, button bracelets, simple paper crafts.
    1redjellybean

Answer by 1redjellybean at 12:43 AM on Aug. 29, 2011