Should Obama promise Japan aid when the US will have to borrow the money from China?

$1 of every $3 the US spends is now borrowed money. China holds most of that debt. If we spend additional money, it is logical to say it will all be borrowed money and that, most likely, China will be the lender. Should we really be promising a 3rd country aid?

Mom2Just1Kiddo

Asked by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 11:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Aid doesn't only mean money it means equipment and man power as well. I think human beings have an obligation to help human beings, borders matter not.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Then you might as well forget about foreign trade too sweet-a-kins. The reason whe provide foreign aid is to keep in good company with those countries that we trade with so we can continue to trade with them. You blow them off and you can forget about your iPods cause that's where they make em.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• If that were us we'd be freaking out!

Us? as in YOU? Or us as in this nation? If you meant, 'this nation'~I think it depends..... Most recently~ People had WARNING about Katrina and freaked out  while they looked for government to rescue them... Iowa had severe Floods and there was little panic and people helped each other.... So, I think it is 'relative'....  This was the 5th largest earthquake in the World's modern history and I commend the people of Japan. They are leading the world in how to handle a crisis.   The US IS sending Aid.  It is what we do...  I think we could do the most help with the physical support our military personnel who are already  there  are trained and at the waiting, ready to help..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I agree with UpSheRises. I'm still amazed, though, at how calm they were and how well they are handling the crisis themselves. THere's literally no panick. People are just trying to do what they need to do to be safe.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• BTW, this is another advantage to having military bases all over the world. We can help with transporting supplies, aid, assistance and can offer physical support and assistance in highly trained military personnel...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• popcorn

rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Okay. You need to educate yourself on the purpose of foreign trade. BEcause if you don't pitch in and cooperate with other countries who need our help, you're not going to get any help when it's needed. Yes...our country is screwed right now. I'm sorry to say it, but if people would actually VOTE FOR BETTER PoLICIES and yes, you do have to raise taxes in order to fund schools, than maybe you wouldn't be complaining right now. I mean really, is it going to hurt your pocket to raise taxes? THe reason we raise taxes is to put money back into the country. NOT TO BURN A FREAKIN HOLE IN YOUR POCKET. I know I sound like a republican right there, but it's so freaking true!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• It's a shame that when thousands of lives are being lost and the possibility of thousands more in more places than just Japan due to the tsunami that the only question people have is "where is the money coming from?" I truly think that is pathetic. In this glorious country of ours, we don't experience natural disasters the way some of these countries do. Can you even put a price on human life???? The answers to this question are utterly ridiculous. Truly pathetic. If this country was in turmoil and you were watching your family being swept away, or identifying the bodies of your children under a building that collapsed, do you really give a crap where the money to help was coming froM????????? I didn't think so.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• he should take the money he keeps spending on theses useless trips to help a country that would help us if we needed it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• No, not beyond what we already have there in Japan... We have military there who are trained in Emergency situations.... Let them apply, develop, and strengthen their emergency mgt skills in real life applications...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 11, 2011