How old were your kids when they started their peoirds? Did they tell you? Tell me about it...

I don't have any daughters, I am just curious about this topic. I hope to have a little girl someday!!

Lindsay21488

Asked by Lindsay21488 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'm no where near it yet but I had mine when I was 11 years old and I told my mother about it. I was at a middle school dance at the time!
    meghancooper

Answer by meghancooper at 11:30 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Both my girls started at the age of 12. They were a little nervous about it, but since I had already talked to them it was okay. My oldest daughter will never forget the day she started, it was on July 4th.
    SilverSyl

Answer by SilverSyl at 11:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my daughter was 9.she told me about it,i had prepared her for what happens and school had told her as well
    weeniegeorge

Answer by weeniegeorge at 11:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Mine is 10 and has not started yet. But we have talked about it. I did not start til I was 14.
    jennylynn22003

Answer by jennylynn22003 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter was 10... The worst part was, it was two days after getting her tonsils out.. She was in the bathroom and all I heard was this scratchy voice yelling for me.. I flew upstairs and there she was with this big smile saying look.. Now, 3 years later she's asking me when it will end.. I said honey you've got loooooooong ways to go yet..
    kerrysmom

Answer by kerrysmom at 1:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter was 8. We knew she'd get hers early so we'd talked about it. She handled it just fine, but she's still asking me when her friends will start to "look like her"
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 1:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• mine was 9 1/2 and i bought her the american girl book about her body. she read it everynight with me and by the time her period came, we were both prepared
    aqua0264

Answer by aqua0264 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my girl was 11 and yes she told me i made a big thing out of it she told me not to tell no one i told her about brinf a women now
    rose1967

Answer by rose1967 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter is 12 and she just got hers, she did tell me, we talked about it before she got it and when she got it she was prepared for it, I was not I think she's too young, I was 14 when I got mine.
    Adiliz

Answer by Adiliz at 7:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter is twelve, she just got hers also. She started at school one day. She just spotted, but didn't call me or anything. She didn't tell me until that evening after we had been home for a few hours. I think she thought it would go away and that it really wasn't happening. It didn't go away! LOL She is doing ok with it. She just started for the second time today.
    Cheri628

Answer by Cheri628 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008