How do you do it when.....

your kids are sick but so are you?
How do you take care of your kids being sick but still take care of yourself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My dh helps. If hes sick too I call grandma and she takes one or two of the sick kids and lets us rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I jokingly call being sick and taking care of a sick child "God's punishment for premarital sex" or "payment for my every sin". I can't stand it!! It is so hard and miserable. The last thing you want to hear when you're miserable and needing sleep is a child whining about being miserable and FIGHTING sleep and medicine. Fortunately my daughter and I are both pretty healthy so it is rare that we're sick (its maybe only happened 3 times in 3 years) but it seems like when one of us in the house is sick, we're ALL sick.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I think you just have to go into Super-Mommy mode. When my son was 3 months old, my husband had surgery on his right hand, my son was feeling icky, and I was coming down with a bug. I have no idea how I did it, but I somehow managed to take care of my baby, myself, and my hubby, who was the BIGGEST baby of all of us. After I finished bathing my son at night, then I had to help my hubby take a bath too! lol I think I'll always think back on all of that & think "if I survived that, I can survive ANYTHING!"
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I just do what I absolutely have to do, like feed them, medicine, baths. I dont do any cleaning. I kinda think of it as when you get hypothermia, your body sacrifices the limbs so the rest can survive lol

It  usually takes a week or so to get the house back to normal though which always so much fun too but oh well

perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I just do it. It sucks but it has to be done. Also when hubby comes home from work he will take over.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Around 2 months ago when Tyran was 5mo and they boys were 2,4 and my husband was in work most of the time and i just ploughed on through but mainly stayed in the house my brother and sister had children to look after to and they might catch something so i managed it was quite a fun challenge.

Stacey.x
    happytohelp

Answer by happytohelp at 11:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It's just something a mommy has to do. Like cleaning poop off the walls or walking around with spit-up going down your back. Sure it's hard but it's in us to do it and we do it with love.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2008