What should my ds and I do and eat this weekend

My DH is going on a camping trip and living my DS (he's 2) and my self at home. What should we go and do the weather should be great (mid 70's) we live in a town where there is not much around.

aus14

Asked by aus14 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• park, zoo, river/lake walk. Most libraries have something fun going on for the little ones,
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Were thinking the park, the nearest zoo is 2 hours. Our library only does things on Wed morning. I love small towns. Thanks for the ideas
    aus14

Comment by aus14 (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• SIde walk chalk, my little one loves an outdoor picnic even in the front lawn or on the balcony. Get a cheap kite and try to fly it. Set up your own "camp" for an hour, start some little seedlings (its all about the dirt but he'll get the flower part as they grow). Go on a scavenger hunt for rocks and put them in a special treasure jar ( a mayonaisse container). I love making smiley face sandwiches (use raisins to make the face on the toast) Make lemonade together. Have fun! Its not where you go its being together
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My son has a tractor that's at his grandparents. He picks up rocks on that for hours. We are looking at going on a run in his stroller, and of course breakfast together (he gets to help me cook). Looking for other things to do. I love the ideas of growing flowers I think Ill pick up seeds tonight as were going shop shop as he calls it. Were luck to have a huge back yard so we may have a picnic or go to the river and feed the ducks. I love mommy time
    aus14

Comment by aus14 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2011