Just waiting for the tsunamis...

I live near San Francisco, and I was supposed to be in Japan later this month. I'm glad I'm not going! I'm watching some of this devastation, it's insane. Santa Cruz is being hit....

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 12:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Crazy for Credits

• Isn't it suppose to hit the entire west coast also?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• This is so depressing!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 12:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I just turned on the news. May you be safe.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I thought of you immediately when I saw the news this morning. I didn't know when you were scheduled to go to Japan.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Keep us updated so that we know your okay!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Oh that is so sad.  Lets hope word is heard from them soon!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We were supposed to go March 28-April 11. Ironically, my in-laws bought their tickets yesterday.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yeah. I'm watching DVR'd news right now of the Santa Cruz harbor (about 2 1/2 hours south of here) being damaged, some of the boats and docks coming free, and hitting other boats and doing more damage. The current is really strong through the harbor, and you can see it pulling on the boats still moored.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• So, still a few more surges, but it looks like the bulk of the excitement is over. Santa Cruz harbor got trashed by a surge around 11:20 AM. We're safe where I am, but there are a lot of low lying areas, and the town I grew up in sits at sea level on the coast. One death up in Crescent City (small town near the Oregon border, where my dad grew up), a guy at the beach taking pictures of the waves. Again, survival of the fittest... Fortunately not a lot of damage out here.
    Apparently Jonathan's family and friend's in Japan are all in or around Sendai, which got hit the hardest. No one can get communication in or out, so his family hasn't heard from anyone yet. Hopefully soon.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2011