Obama's job plan

President-Elect Obama said in his youtube address yesterday that by 2011 there will be over 2 million new jobs created. What do we do in the meantime while these jobs are being created. Everyday more and more companies are closing their doors or laying off. I am not fond of the polls and statistics they have on the different news channels because alot of people fall through the cracks. I wonder if our leaders coming in and going out, are truly aware of the problems we are really feeling.. Can you sit and wait for these jobs and be financially secure enough to do that????

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• He also said that this year we will lose 1 million jobs. Seems hes talking out both sides of his mouth. I really want to know how he plans on people having any jobs when he plans to tax small business beyond belief and raise minimum wage. As a business owner I am already preparing for what is coming. I am going to have to lay off people in order to pay the $9.50 an hour min wage will be, and raise prices to make up for the increased taxes Ill be paying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I wonder where he thinks these jobs are going to come from?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Jobs are created when businesses, ecspecially small businesses flourish. More jobs are created in society when taxes for small businesses and tax incentives are there that make business owners feel secure. When you own a business you look at your overhead, stock, prices, rent etc. You take that into account and its no different then running a household except you pay the household members. If you knew that in a year your taxes would go up, you would raise prices and lay people off. That isnt going to create jobs. We are going to lose alot of jobs that MIGHT have been created if business owners didnt think their taxes were going up like they will. In short. Obama needs to go back to school and learn economics 101.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• If I had to guess I would say alternative energy jobs. But when you take into account jobs lost because of the same thing - we won't even break even. He only wants to talk about jobs created. He'll take the credit for that, but you can bet the jobs lost will be "Bush's" fault.
    debbig

Answer by debbig at 10:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I am hoping that he as good advisers that help him realize that the things that he was proposing during campaigning won't work economically for our country right now. Unless they want to turn us socialist (not looking for argument). Our country doesn't have any money right now. The market is down because people that had money in there know they will lose more with Obama's proposals (yeah, I know, he's not in office yet, but people have to plan ahead). Small businesses are preparing by figuring out how many people they will have to lay off. This is all a sign that raising taxes on the $250G and up crowd won't help bring us out of this mess. He needs another plan, and I am hoping some really smart numbers guys are helping him with that.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:56 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Blaming Bush will go over as well as republicans who blamed Clinton. Itll just look like liberals making excuses for their guy. The American public is pretty dumb but not dumb enough not to realize every problem under Obama is anything but Obamas fault. No experience doesnt get leaders very far.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• God help us. Obama is going to 'change' us by actually flushing the toilet instead of having us tread water in a bunch of crap. Forget "trying to make it" in this economy....he's just going to ruin us with his 'plans'.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Right what do we do until 2011..hmmmm i say the best we can. Our watch dogs had better keep an eye on our congress. They usually meet behind closed doors to give themselves raises, etc. It doesn't matter who voted for Obama, he will be our president and we all will be affected by what he does. . Are we are running out of ink in the printing press room? Maybe we can use the pecos and the yen , if the usa dollar is no longer available.
    yiayiaann

Answer by yiayiaann at 12:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I dont know about Obamas job plan. I know mine though. I own a small business and when my taxes go up Im laying off employees. Im starting with the Obama supporters first. If they were dumb enough to vote against their own self interest then they deserve to get to the back of the job lines. And no, I am not stupid enough to say Im firing them for their political affiliations. I will just write them up for minor infractions and then fire them when they reach 3.
    Its so dumb I cant believe people really think increasing small business tax is the way to go. Do you not understand we make the new jobs? We will have to increase items we sell to the public? So Obamas plan or not. I have my own and its to survive and have my business survive.
    Anonymous

• I was wondering what magic hat is was going to be using to "create these 2 mil jobs" By the end of the year, it will be about a million, not to mention all the layoffs coming up in the up coming year. Since some companies will not get a handout then it will trickle down they will have to downsize and have layoffs as well. I guess his 2 million will only try to make up for the losses, not any new additional jobs, under his new Obama-nation plan.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 12:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2008