What are your favorite holiday memories?

Some of mine would be opening presents after going to midnight mass and eating tamales and hot chocolate. I can't remember much as far as presents goes.

Our traditions have changed and don't go to midnight mass but go to church at 6pm and open presents after that and in the morning. Since we have little babies. We're going to let them open one each day, since it is so overwhelming for them.

Alma_C

Asked by Alma_C at 10:36 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Mmmm yeah eating tamales but also making them fall into my favorite memories. Also decorating the tree and going to mass as well. We used to open our gifts after midnight mass and sit around and play with whatever we happened to get until we just passed out. The good ole days indeed.

Answer by gemgem at 11:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I don't quite enjoy making them, but I have to.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 11:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I love making them because its always me, my mom, my aunts and now my dd. We sit around and laugh and drink wine. Its all good fun.
    Anonymous

• I loved getting up on Christmas morning and waking up my brothers to go down and peek at the presents under the tree. I can't wait until my children feel that same way ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My favorite memory is waiting with my brother at the top of the stairs until our parents would let us come down. They had to make sure that Santa got everything right.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My grandfather. He always gets this amazing look in his eyes when he watches all of his grandchildren open their presents. And now his great grandchildren :)
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• my best Christmas memory is baking cookies. the whole family, young and old, would gather around the table to decorate. everyone helped, and everyone got to taste! all of these things are so much more important than gifts we received, as most of us only remember a select few when we become adults.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Well, my parents used to lag putting up the tree - often it would be Christmas Eve. One year the 5 of us kids asked if we could set it up. They said sure, but we had to wait for them to move the furniture and desk around. We asked if we could set it up in our brothers' room. Miracualously they said yes! That's when the youngest was 2 YO. We set it up in their room every year aftr that - my sisters and I are out of the house, but the tree still goes in that upstairs bedroom.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 12:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• THEN, Christmas Eve we would gather round the tree. My mom had hot chocolate or apple cider, and Christmas cookies or other snacks. My dad would read the Christmas story from the Bible, then he'd say a prayer, and our parents would let us open one present. We'd stay up late playing with those. When we woke up, our stockings were at the foot of the bed - my mom's tactic to keep us in our rooms so she could sleep in a bit. Then we'd open gifts and she'd make a big breakfast. Then we went to Grandma's. :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 12:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008