I don't know what to do

Me and my hubby are very close. We never go anywhere without each other. Every once in a while we go out with our friends but rarely. Now his job requires him to work overnights and its hell on me and our 2y/o baby girl. He comes in goes straight to sleep and than his job calls him for BS to come in and than keep him for like 4 hrs, he than comes home again goes back to sleep for like an hour and gets up and ready for a full night of regular work. He's Military but damn !! Does uncle care at all about the families or even the fact that his soldiers are barely getting any rest? Is there someone I can complain to? My hubby fall asleep driving home for gods sake!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I've been a military wife for 17 years. My husband is currently stationed in Japan, he went unaccompanied. I don't bitch because it was my choice to stay behind. I'm tired of moving.

When you marry a person in the military, know that they are on duty 24/7/365, it's their job. When we married them, we took a vow for better or worse to support them. I know it seems bad, but as another poster pointed out: it could be far worse.

There is no one to complain to, this is his job. When my husband had a job like that, his NCOIC either had him stay in the barracks, or set up a cot in his shop. My father-in-law who is retired military has a saying: "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome" I think that should be the military spouse motto. I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope it gets better.
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 12:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• No, there is no one to complain to......Military families do it all across America. Be thankful he is not deployed and get what you can. My daughters husband just got home from Afghanistan. He was gone for 8 months. You will find the strength to get through it. Support him and be strong. Uncle doesn't care........
    battlemom49

Answer by battlemom49 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My guy just got sent TDY and I ranted about the Air Force not caring about my sex life. Of course, my words fell on deaf ears. He just shook his head and left! lol It's their job and they just do what they have to do. I agree that staying in the barracks might be a wise thing for him to do if he is falling asleep at the wheel.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I'm really not trying to be insensitve....but be grateful he is home and not deployed right now. Yeah the military sucks, and whether we like it or not, we are married to the military too. At least he is able to see his daughter in person. My hubby got back from Iraq in July and I am so thankful he is home safetly. I'm dreading the next deployment. Yeah he works shitty hours but he is safe. Sometimes he does overnights but at least he isn't sleeping in the desert between dump trucks. And yeah, families come second to country.
    TrevorsMommy03

Answer by TrevorsMommy03 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2008