Repeated answers annoying?

I get annoyed when I respond to someone's question with an answer that contains information and someone replies with the same answer but leaves out all the details. They have nothing new to add. And it's just as annoying when someone does this to my questions because then I have to read the same thing over and over again. How do you feel about repeated answers?

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 12:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I could care less if someone has the same answer as me. I would think depending on the question it might be good for the mom to see others agreeing with me. Kind of getting a feel that the majority of people think X.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• If I agree with someone's answer, but don't have anything to add, I just hit the like button.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i think the like button is acceptable.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• People do it for their three points.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• But people join to get accurate advice not to be graded. I believe the points system is ridiculous.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I agree, that point system is ridiculous. I read the question then answer it if I think I have an answer. I admit I'm lax on reading all the other posts before I answer especially if there are many and they are long so I've been known to repeat an answer or part of an answer. That should simply reinforce that it's a good answer for the OP! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 12:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• If it's from different people well then you're just going to have to learn to deal, but on the rare occasion that someone posts the exact same thing one, two, three, times, Yes I can see where it might be annoying, but chances are there was a glitch with their computer where the answer didn't show up and they posted it again, or their "Enter" button gets stuck and they accidentally submit it more than once.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'm tempted to repeat a couple of the answers from above! Lol, just kidding!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 11:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2011