I stayed home last night one day one for someone with ocd in relationships.

Ok everyone I didn't go out this weekend with the man from work that I posted about being married. Thats one day but I will see him at work and he follow me knowing I ocd. Since before he was someone I obsessed about he was someone I confided in. So I will keep posting , you can keep answering or bashing this email has made me able to focus my ocd on something else. Thanks. One day down how to I get two in... Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I dont understand this
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• me neither.... but good luck! Sounds troubling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• If typing it out helps, whatever it is, cause I'm not really clear on that. Why not start a blog that can be private? That way you wouldn't have to put up with bashers. CM has journals that you can allow who sees them....maybe that would give you the same thing as this...just without the bashing.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Thanks Ill try that... I just meant I am the one trying to avoid the married man and I have OCD with relationships. I didnt go out to drinks last night and that is a small victory for me. Unfortunely, I work with him and it is hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• IM NOT BASHING U BUT U REALLY NEED TO TRY VERY HARD TO STAY AWAY FRM MARRIED MEN, HOW WUD U FEEL IF SOMEONE WAS AFT UR HUSBAND? IM MARRIED AND ME AND MY HUBBY WRK 2GETHER AND THERE IS A GIRL THERE THAT FLIRTS WITH THIS MAN THATS MARRIED AND IT REALLY BOTHERS ME IT MAKES ME WONDER IF SHE WNTS MY MAN, AND IF HE HAS KIDS THINK ABOUT HOW THEY FEEL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• take one day at a time. Talk to your supervisor. See if he/she can get you placed somewhere where you don't have to deal with Mr Controller. This man finds folly in pulling your strings like a puppet. That should piss you off enough to give you some strength to emotionally fight his control. I understand the part about giving your secrets to someone who uses them against you. (been there done that). Getting away isn't easy. It's possible you may have to find another job to rid yourself of him. You could also stand up to him and tell him to f off and if he doesn't tell him you will tell the w. That works real good. I mean REALLLLLLLLLL good.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Are you getting help for your OCD?
    Anonymous

• Congrats! I thought about you last night, wishing I could be in your head/ear reminding you that you're worth something, that all you have to do is say no, turn the phone off, ignore him or something..... but congrats. Today is the first day of the rest of your life :) I'm very happy and proud of you. I know you get bashed a lot, but if it helps you any at all to vent, then go right ahead, heck use me if you want to, I don't mind at all. Researching your problem was very informing, and helpful to me. Hang in there, you're doing good. The journal idea is good, but I'd miss hearing how good you're doing. One day down, congrats :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I agree with anon @ 1246, one day at a time. IDK anyone who has OCD so IDK what kind of help you should look into if you're not getting any help yet. Sorry can't be more help.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yep... Plus for the one post about a girl flrting with your husband at work I am sorry. When i met this man he didnt tell me he was married until five months in. It was also because someone else told me.Once I found out I have been dealing with my disorder and backing away at the same time and it is tough. Thanks....
    Anonymous