How could you answer a question.

I see some questions I stay away from because I am not a Doctor or a Specialist, and because I see some women attacking the question asker with rude answers or comments because they don't understand some people situations.

Why say anything if you're not going to help yano? Esp. with one post I saw about a mom who was 17 and wanted to put her daughter up for adoption some ladies were telling her she should of thought about that beefore she had sex so young, how can you ever say things like that? You don't know someone's situation or mental state god forbid they are on the edge of a mental breakdown yano? Some people have nobody and come to Cafemom for help.

Do you think Cafemom needs to Moniter their users posts more often and ban some people from Answering questions if they have been abusive?

Jersey_class

Asked by Jersey_class at 12:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I think that would be a great idea.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• it is a question and answer forum. i think most of the time, the asker knows the right answer for themselves. and just need a little support. when that is the case...the other responses should just be ignored, not monitored.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You have the ability to report abusive answers to Cafemom. It doesn't really seem like much is done about it. And, as long as you aren't banned from the site, they don't limit where you can participate.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I totally see your views, but I'm talking about the Bullies, we've all seen them yano? DO you think they should be banned?
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i think thats what the "report answer" button is for but that could eventually get you kicked off too but maybe they should of learned to not answer at all in the first place, i mean, we all make mistakes, gawd forbid that we have ladies jumping all over posts like that cause they thnk their crap don't stink! things like this come up and some ladies need to accept that we arent all perfect. thanks to those who let some cafemom's down and spoiled the post and cant just say it without being so rude...just because your what? 25 now?

people these days disgust me.

americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Well, people ask questions because they're looking for options from other mothers. And I think it's okay to give your honest opinion but if your reply doesn't answer the question, then it shouldn't be there in the first place. For example, if someone asks what is an effective diet is and someone mentions exercise, diet is not the same thing as exercise.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 12:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I try to help by giving my honest opinion, and sometimes constructive criticism. I do my best to help. I don't like the ones who give their opinion in a hateful way.
    Cafemom is here to help, and there are so many people from different walks of life, when you post a question, you're going to have to realize there's going to be many different opinions, etc...
    If I post a question, which is very rare, I just look over the ones that are mean, etc. I focus on the ones I can take something from. If you don't react to the people that set out to hurt your feelings, they will go away. They are hiding behind a computer so they really can't hurt you.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• See the whole they cna't hurt you cause it's from a computer. People have killed themselves because of cyberbullying/ Someone I went to Hghschool with was found hanging in their dorm room because he was bullied online. That's why I'm asking do you think Cafemom needs to be more tight on the rules esp since there are so many diffrent walks of life on here you never know who is behind that computer screen and what they are going through
    Jersey_class

Comment by Jersey_class (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't know about that. I try not to answer questions unless I have something legitimate to add to the discussion. If I know nothing about a particular question, I usually just don't answer and give it a bump.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I think it's sad for someone to attack a mother for wanting to put her child up for adoption...she's obviously realized, maybe somewhat late, that someone else can take care of her child better than she can...this is a difficult and sensitive situation and the mother shouldnt be attacked, she should be given support. I have no idea why some mothers need to be so rude in their answers, even if they feel like the person asking the question needs a little tough love I don't think there is a reason to be bitchy about it. I don't know. Don't get it.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2011