For mom who make their babies food.

My dd is 6 months old and I am making her food. I will not give her table foods until she is older because she does not need the grease and spices from table foods. I want to know what you did when you were out of the house and had to feed your baby. Did you buy jarred baby food or did you find something to put the food in? I would rather not give her jarred baby food if I can help it.

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 12:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If I needed to feed my son while I was out of the house I used organic jar food. Its not bad and there isnt anything bad in it. I think its the best way to go. you should always have a couple jars anyways in case you may need it.
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 3:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You can do table foods without it being greasy and spicy.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I made all my son's baby food. The only time when i had to use jarred, i bought organic only. Often, i would freeze baby food and take it with,or warm it and wrap it in towels and put in a cooler to take with.

There are a couple books i think you may be interested in reading, and the baby book gives great recepts. The Super Baby Foods book-about making yhour own baby food, and "Crazy Makers"(this is my all time favorite book-it's in bookstores and libraries). Reading this book is why i made my own baby food.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 12:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I always took something with me in a small container or bought something wherever we went. Most places I go have fresh fruit or yogurt. I didn't ever puree food, I started with diced/mashed food and they all did well with it.

Answer by missanc at 1:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I bought organic applesauce cups with no addes sugar, or gave my baby formula until we got home.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• If we were going to be out for awhile before going to eat, like shopping, I used organic jarred food. Mostly because we live in the south and it was summer, so I didn't want to worry about the food going bad in the heat. If we were going directly to a restaurant then I put some of our homemade food into a small tupperware type container and brought it with us.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Also, depending on where we went, sometimes I would order something that she could eat. For instance if we went to Outback, my husband would order a baked sweet potato with the stuff on the side. Then he would just put some on a plate for her and then add the toppings to the rest for him. Mexican restaurants usually have avocado and for guacamole, so you should be able to ask for a little bit of plain avocado.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2011