What can I do eat or drink to produce more breastmilk?

Danielle699

Asked by Danielle699 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Oatmeal works for some people.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 11:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• WIC recommends carrots, tuna, and beans...I'm not exactly sure why, but it's worth a try, lol!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Water!! I also found that for me, drinking milk seemed to help. Also, the herb Fenugreek can be helpful. Make sure you are not too tired or stressed ( I know, I know!! LOL) You need to drink A LOT OF FLUIDS when breastfeeding...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• eat lots of fruits and a large green salad a day.

cut down on dairy - or completely as this can hinder production.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• there is a vitamin that you can get at the health stores the have many different vitamins that will help you produce more milk. also if you message you breast while nursing or pumping you open the milk glands and more can come out. there for your body knows that is had to make more to keep up with the supply that your baby needs. and if you are nursing and your baby is done try to pump this also will make you milk glands think that they need to make more milk for the baby. try to drink lots of water. the more hydrated you are the better it is for your baby. i really hope that this helps.
    Kyle_wify

Answer by Kyle_wify at 4:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Water, stay hydrated. Oatmeal. Pre-natal vitamin. Eat well. Avoid teas that may dehydrate you. Keep your baby latched on as much as possible, even if he/she is not feeding. The constant sucking will produce more milk let down. Try as much as possible to relax, slow and deep breathing. I had a slower milk production when my daughter reached 3 and 6 months old, lactation consultants were not surprised. It's the baby's rapid growth.
    My daughter is 12 months old and still breast feeding : )
    ANNE584

Answer by ANNE584 at 5:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• WATER!!!!!! Lots and lots of WATER!!!!
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 7:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2008