Do you think the current events in the world point to the end of times?

I don't believe it at all, I believe that only God knows when the end of times will be. But all the talk of 2012 and the massive earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos, etc are causing my 12 year old son to feel like 2012 is really going to happen. I have to keep telling him you can't go off what other people are saying because nobody knows. We teach them about God, and we tell them that only God knows when the end will be. The bible says that no man shall know the day nor the time and I firmly believe that. I don't think the world is going to end in 2012 and I'm trying to tell him that so he will not boe worried. Also teaching them to live each day to the fullest because you never know when your last will be, and to be right with God because when the time comes, that's where you want to be. Do your kids ask you about this?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Religious Debate

• My baby is only 8 months--So no he wouldnt be asking this question but my niece was really worried, and I did some research of my own. I agree with sleepingBeautee....there have been world disasters as long as earth has been created.

You should check out this NASA website for reassurance. It is very accurate. BTW dont do your research online--it is filled with people who think aliens are invading-LOL.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html
    RiaChristine

Answer by RiaChristine at 12:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't think so. I think there have always been earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanoes, but because the population keeps growing, more people are dying and or being effected by them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• There have always been natural disasters. Except now, we have the technology to know what is happening around the world a lot faster than in ancient times, so it only SEEMS like it's happening more.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• nope

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yes. Only God know the date and time but the bible does tell of many signs that would take place before the end. Just as a woman in labor there are deffinate signs.
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Not at all. There has always been natural disasters. Devastation is nothing new unfortunately.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Nope. We just have better communication
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My son was just paranoid about an asteroid or meteor hitting the planet. I just explained there was no reason to worry because it's not like we could anything to stop it. Better to live life and not worry about the world ending.

As for the natural disasters ... maybe the planet or Mother Nature is tired of our reckless and destructive ways and is trying to do some spring cleaning.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• NO! As the old saying goes, there is nothing new under the sun. As long as there have been people on earth there have been natural disasters for them to survive through... There is simply no reason to think that this or any other natural disaster has anything to do with a supernatural end to the world! **which I also don't believe in.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Nope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2011