My Dr had me come back

in to check my blood pressure and she said that if its high the next time she had me come back which is next week. she gonna put me on bed rest and a diet. Well we have a family trip all paid for in April if she puts me on bed rest wha should i do? just dont tell her right?

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you are on bed rest you CANT go, period. Unless you wanna stroke out, which I don't think you do. High Blood pressure is NOTHING to take lightly
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• don't risk it, be mature about this. it sucks that it's all paid but this is something that nobody could've predicted and now you all have to deal with it. i had high blood pressure in my first pregnancy that got so high i had to deliver my baby.. i WISH i would have been put on bedrest a lot sooner so she could've stayed in & baked longer.. and maybe my pressures wouldn't have risen so high if i were told to stay in bed.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Do NOT break your bed rest, no questions ask. That is for your health, and the health of your unborn child.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• High blood pressure can lead to preeclamsia and the only way to stop it is to deliever the baby otherwise it can have grave outcome for you and baby . Its not worth the risk
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• this is important for the safety of you & your baby so don't break the bedrest!
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• witch is more important the vaca or your childs life?
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You Guys are right. I dont know what i was thinking. I guess i was selfish mode. Its not often I get like that.
    BUTTERFLY463

Comment by BUTTERFLY463 (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Investigate additional ways of lowering your blood pressure. Talk to a prenatal health specialist or midwife about the possibility of bumping up your protien levels as a way of reducing your blood pressure, as not many dr/MDs recognize the connection.
    Anonymous