Where in your house is your laundry room?

We are adding a mud room to our house and I'm debating to move the laundry room to the mud room.

Asked by mtnaspen at 12:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• In the main hallway. We have a stackable washer/dryer combo in a closet.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Out by the pool

Answer by admckenzie at 12:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would make on. My washer and dryer is in our bathroom (not fun) we keep laundry in our guest room and move it when people visit.

Answer by aus14 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I live in a condo and our laundry room is a community one. such a pain in the butt lol

Answer by Jersey_class at 12:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• First floor, off the main hallway.

In the house where I grew up, it was a "mudroom" as well as laundry room, between the garage and the hallway. I liked that configuration so much better.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• it is all the way out in the back of the house. i would prefer it in the middle of the house like it was when i grew up, but my other house was the same way

Answer by WildCat73 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• through the garage entrance of the house, immediately upon walking in you're in the laundry room, from there it connects to the kitchen. i like the location of it, the only drawback is our home is 2 story and sometimes i wish there was a built in mini-elevator or laundry shoot or something.. LOL.. it gets old carting laundry up & down the stairs so frequently.

Answer by tnm786 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We live in a condo...Mine is a stackable washer and dryer in the guest bathroom. It would be nice to have it in a secret closet because I cant leave dirty clothes in the bathroom for guest to see-lol.

Answer by RiaChristine at 12:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We have a shared laundry room just down the hall from our apartment. Ah, convenience.

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Ours is a little room between the garage and the kitchen.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011