Hubby got 2 kids from privious marrage...

My hubby got 2 kids from privious marrage, and I got over that fact a while ago... But with my baby on the way I just wonder how it will be? I do want my baby to know his brothers but they are so spoiled, I don't want my son to be like that...I know its up to me how to raise my kid, but kids learn fast from each other. How would I be able to tell my son "you can't do that" while they do whatever they want?

Any one had that experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• "We have different rules in this household"... "Different people do things differently"... "I do not find that behavior/activity acceptable"... I won't buy Barbie or Princess stuff (I have 2 girls) & have to repeat myself and say NO a lot, if it is important to you, you will find a way to make it work!!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• In your home the three children have to follow the rules of your home. Your husband should actively enforce those rules with his children. While in their mother's home they will follow her rules. If your baby wants to know why he can't have ____ or go ____ while his brothers can, then factually explain that their mom has different rules and different things she will let them do. Your step children will learn their are things they can do only at your home and not at mom's and vice versa. They will learn this if your husband is willing to teach them what his expectations are for his home and his family. So they may be spoiled at mom's house but that doesn't mean they will be spoiled at dad's too unless he sets it up like that.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• well i have the same exactly problem but worst my step daughter sleeps in my bed with me while her dad sleeps on the floor,she is way too spoiled and she is 11 now,she comes in the middle of the night while im having sex with hubby,shell be mad if we dont do things in her way and all this is her aunts fault,i canot tolerate this anymore...but i need to step up and show her that its not a party over her dads house and she needs to respect the rules...even if i know hubby is going to be mad,specially if his sister will tell him that its not fair and he must buy everything to his daughter or shell feel like he doesnt love her nomore....good luck sister,i know what u are going throw
    Anonymous

• exactly what the one lady said.... different people have different rules, just because so and so does this/that doesn't mean that you can/would/should/will I don't have any step children but it's hard when even friends are over and they're used to certain rules. My kids had no idea that other people did it that way.. now they do tho lol My house, my rules. That would apply to the step children too.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2008