Any recommendations for marriage books? especually the ones about you dh lieing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• The best book I've ever had on relationships in general was Boundaries by Cloud/Townsend. The have one called Boundaries in Marriage that is specific to marital relationships as well which is great.

Answer by missanc at 12:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i don't know of any, but my sister is addicted to marriage books (her dh has lied to) so i'm going to ask her and get back to you on that one!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I like books by Gary Smalley

Answer by admckenzie at 12:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• The love dare is an amazing book. It is based on a christian movie "Fireproof". You only read a couple pages a day and either you (or you and your huband, if he is willing) will take the dare of the day.....It may be-Do not bring up anything negative against your spouse today. It is hard, but worth it.

And if christian leading is not in your relationship you could try The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. I have never read it, but it helped my friend build a stronger foundation to her marriage.
    RiaChristine

Answer by RiaChristine at 1:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• The 5 Love Languages and Love & Respect
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would also love to know of how to handle a liar... I am single and recently left someone because of the lies... It makes trust basically unattainable
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 7:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2011