At what point will they admit?

I was dilated to 2cm a week ago. I have contractions, but they come and go. At what point would they admit me though? Say if I am 4cm or 5cm today? Will they admit? Or still wait until my contractions are regular?

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• they will wait until your contractions are regular. honestly being dilated doesn't mean much if contractions just come and go, you could be dilated for weeks without change. how far along are you?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• 38wks and 1day
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• They will wait until you are having strong, regular contractions.
    I was 4 cms dilated for a month with my baby girl. Had irregular contractions for weeks. They kept sending me home.

I finally went to the hospital with good, strong contractions -- 5 mins apart and was 6 cms dilated. They kept me then. I gave birth 5 hours later.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Regular contractions and progress. If you show up at 4 cm, but have been 4 cm and stay 4 cm, they're probably not going to admit you. But if you show up at 1 cm and get to 4 cm in an hour with regular contractions, they probably will.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• they usually wait until you are in labor w/ regular contractions
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I think it's usually once you're in labor (which is not based on dilation).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• id have to agree with all these other moms u can be 5cm and not in labor
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• They will admit you when you are in active labor meaning you are having contractions on a regular basis, at a stregth that they consider exceptable, and the contraction have to last about 1 min in length. The other admitting factor is if your water broke or is leaking. If you go into L&D and you are not in active labor they will send you home. CM dilated is not a factor to admit. I was admitted with my second child at 2cm but in active labor. I was 2cm when I went in at 6pm and still at 2cm at 10pm. My doctor was great and kept me overnight, that next morning I was 4cm.

Good Luck, I know how anxions you are getting and the last thing you want to hear is that your baby isn't ready.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011