Who here thinks Cafemom should abolish the Anonymous button?

JMO - but I think if you've got something to say, say it - dont hide behind the button.
What do you think?

dragonfly7271

Asked by dragonfly7271 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the Anon button should stay but only for question askers only. They should have a choice to make every answer anonymous or make every answer public. That way if they're asking an embarrassing question, nobody, not even the question asker, has to be embarrassed about it.

Also, I think an even better idea would be an option for the question asker to be the only one who sees the answers. This place has turned into a public forum, not a question and answers section. Problems arise when someone is unhappy with someone else's answer...a lot of people have issues just answering the original question. I think if we only saw the question and the answers were only available to the asker, a lot of problems would be erased :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I think there are some stalkers out there.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I think that is telling people what to do. I think people need to stick to the motto, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all." Opposing opinions or answers don't have to be mean.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I think it should stay. Doesn't bother me.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I think
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• it is fun
    Anonymous

• to Be Anonymous
    Anonymous

• It dosent bother me either. I in fact have used it myself when I wanted opinions on an embarrassing subject. But I ONLY use it for that!

On a separate note, I do get that some people use it be uneccessarily mean or cruel and that is just rude. Like what someone else had to say, If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all.............................Move on please! You are only wasting YOUR time and the persons thats asking time.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 11:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I dont think they should get away with it. Certain topics always seem to get really immature moms out there going and leads to hatemail and all sorts of unpleasantries. Leave the anonymous button so those of us who might not otherwise contribute can continue to do so, and still not worry about the immature girls on here attacking us for our views.
    How about cafemom just get rid of all the immature attack dogs? I think thats the better idea. Actually BAN people who cause problems.
    Anonymous