Calories

There have been a few days that I'm under what my calorie intake should be is that ok?

I'm eating 3 meals and 1 snack. I'm not hurngy on the days that I'm under.

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• How far under?

Answer by admckenzie at 1:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• how tall are you, how much do you weigh & what's your daily calorie intake?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• one day it was 80 one time 200 the other it just changes becuase what I eat changes.
    red_head_mommy2

Comment by red_head_mommy2 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• How many total calories are you eating? You shouldn't go below 1200 calories a day, or you'll put your body into starvation mode.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• from what one of my fittnes sites says I should be eating 1,340 calories a day. There have been days that i only use 750, 830. I'm still learning to keep track of what i eat, there are some days that I missed but feel that I was just at, just under, but it's not like I'm hugnry. I don't want to eat just beucase it's what I say I should be eating. KWIM? Since Jan I've lost 17 pounds. Since last friday (weighs are fri) I lost 1.2 pounds
    red_head_mommy2

Comment by red_head_mommy2 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• only 750 or 830 is way too low hun....you are going to put your body in starvation mode. Like I mentioned on the group, eat a handful of almonds or a celery stick with peanut butter, get to your calorie needs!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• There is always a difference in what book calories are versus what you are actually taking in. Calorie counts are only estimates. But if you are not feeling hungry, I'd say trust your gut. But if you wake up the next morning starving, then you know you didn't eat enough the day before and to adjust but not overeat.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I agree with the mom above me. I have been low on days and just not felt like eating any more, I don't force myself to eat. So long as it isn't an everyday thing you should be ok.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 5:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Once in awhile is fine, as long as it's not an "all the time" thing, you should be good...but you really should try to hit your daily intake every day....maybe change up "what" you eat for one meal in order to get there?
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:31 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Dont force yourself to eat
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:38 AM on Mar. 14, 2011