Seriously in need of some advice...

My due date is tomorrow and this baby doesnt seem to want to come out, i found out on friday that my grandfather (the one who helped raise me) passed away last thursday night his viewing is today and im not sure if i should go or not a part of me wants to but the other part of me doesnt. I want to because i am afraid i will regret it if i dont but i dont want to because i dont want to remember him that way. My grandmother passed away almost 5 yrs ago when i was pregnant with my other daughter and i went to her viewing and it was the hardest thing i ever did. i am just not sure what to do those i have asked around me what they think told me that i need to do what feels rite for me the only problem is im not sure what that is to be honest i kinda feel numb to the whole thing cause i blocked it out of my mind due to the fact i didnt want my kids to see mommy have a breakdown but ever since i did that i just cant deal with it. My other problem is i only know a couple of people that have been induced before (my sister being one of them) and it was more painful then when they werent with their other kids i have never liked putting anything in my body so im going with no epidural again this time but i want this baby out because i have been miserable for the last month and a half i went to my doctor last wednesday and was dialated to 3cm and 50% effaced but two weeks before that i was dialated to 2cm and it took 2 weeks to get to 3cm i have an appointment today so i will find out if i am any further but my questions to you are, should i go to my grandfathers viewing? would you? also should i let them induce me? have you had more then one child (this is my third) and been induced one time but not another? is it more painful? what should i do?

Ladybug86

Asked by Ladybug86 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would go, it will be hard but i wouldn't want to regret it later *hugs*
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would go. Yes its going to be hard. As far as inducing. I have one and I was induced but because of health reasons. Just wait the baby out. It will come when it is ready.
    becca38257

Answer by becca38257 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• As long as it doesn't mean a road trip and you will be less a than an hour form your birthing center/hospital I would go. No harm in that. besides if by some off chance you did go into labor while you were there you would have plenty of time to get to the hospital and I am quite sure everyone would understand. Plus it may give them something to smile about. I am so sorry for your loss.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would go you may regret it later in life. I was induced 3/2/11 and they had to give me and emergancy c-section cuz when they uped my potocin my contractions got harder and my sons heart beat ither slowed down or stoped. It was prob just me. But if you don't want drugs i wouldn't do it. But if your ready to see your baby then that may be the way to go
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Viewings and funerals are closure. It also tells your loved one that you love him. I don't think I could not go and live with the regret that I didn't go. I don't like remembering my loved one like that but I have even worse memories of my loved one. I had a grandma die the christmas after my wedding. I would go an visit her as much as I could nowing that time was short. One day when I said I love you she grabbed me and told me to not let her die and to promise her I wouldn't. I loved her so much and if I could have prevented it I would have.

Remember that the there is not right or wrong answer here and what ever you feel is better for you is what you should do.

I am sorry for your loss.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011