Debate This?

Why is it you gals can't just do what it says debate? I don't get on here very much but I do read on here a lot just for this reason. Your attitude is so rude and I know it more than you do, how dare you even have an opinion. Isn't that what a debate is, not an argument or I'm better/smarter, I know more? I wonder how you debate or talk w/your S/O, or maybe you don't because he won't take your smart ass answers, so then lets take the attitude on here. How do you talk w/ your children when they may disagree as they grow, oh yea I'm sure your all the perfect Mother and you'll say sure they can. I'd like to be a fly on that wall !! Why don't you think about maybe when answering so rude , would I like someone answering this way to me? Grow up ladies, debate all you want. There are so many things going on in our lives/World, this isn't where I come to relax and enjoy myself. Yes I'm anonymous bec I just don't want to argue with this debate question, and it may not even be in the correct post !! All of this is IMO so bash away ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in About CafeMom

• The thing about a debate on here is it is hard to keep it clean when there is no formal mediator. People get overly passionate or defensive and forget it is a debate and then it becomes a fight. This is why I tend to avoid 'debates' on this site.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Oh goody!!!! A chance to use my favorite lolcat as promised on an earlier post:

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• It happens because the country when discussing politics is polarized and each side is pretty passionate. As for me and my dh lol well we dont really debate politics since he and I see things the same way :-)

Answer by gemgem at 1:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Good thing we have you here to tell us what to do. Maybe we can get you added to the list.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You can direct it any way you want, happy, sad, rude, polite. I don't really care

You don't care, but you asked the question.... Interesting...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• not just answereing a question in a nice way

Are you the judgement police? If you don't like the way people answer, ignore their answers....   Is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you onto the internet?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I agree with But Mommie. I avoid "debates" on this site too.
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Did you really just judge and criticize other mothers parenting by their posts on the internet? lol...This is the politics section and politics always gets heated when not all are in agreerence...get used to it or don't post.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Lol To NP and vice. Silly anons.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• huh
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011