How big are your 9 month olds?

I was told today by my friend that is pregnant with her first child that my son looks small for 9 months old. He is 31 inches tall and 18 pounds! I dont think he is small. In fact I think he is pretty big. I will know for sure how big he is after his appointment next week but those were his stats 2 weeks ago when we measured and weighed all our kids. I know his weight for his heigh it low but he is long and lean like everyone else in my family. This girl is driving me nuts. She seems to think because she went to school for sports medicine and is pregnant she knows everything. She has said multiple things I find offensive and yet she gets mad if I even say anything about knowing her husband before she met him (which she only did because of me)

mrssmitley1210

Asked by mrssmitley1210 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's like asking how tall a 30 year old is, you know. They're not all cut from the same cloth. Yours sounds fine. I've known nine month olds bigger and smaller.

Your target weights are double birth weight by six months, triple by one year.

I have a feeling this "friend" is more like "someone you happen to know and should get to know a lot LESS."

Answer by gdiamante at 1:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My 8 month old is 25 1/2" tall and 14 lbs, so your son is big by comparison! Don't worry about what other people say - as long as your son is healthy and happy then he's fine at whatever size. I would be more concerned about what the ped says than my friend. Just nod you head when she says something and then let it go in one ear and out the other.

Answer by missanc at 1:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My son will def not be tripple his BW by 1 year. He was 8 pounds at birth. None of my kids were. Although they were all over 30 inces by 1 year and were all 20 to 21 pounds.
    mrssmitley1210

Comment by mrssmitley1210 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• None of my kids ever tripled at a year either, I had never even heard of that until recently!

Answer by missanc at 3:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my son was born weighing 8lbs 13oz and he weighed about 14lbs at 6 months and he'll be a year old on the 25 and doesn't even weigh 20lbs yet. according to doctors he should be pushing 27lbs but he's no where near lol but he is very long and the doctor's say he's healthy so i'm not worried
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Your son sounds like he is right around the average size, maybe even a little tall too. My son is 10 months old, at his 9 month he was 24lbs and 32 inches but he was off the charts for both. Your son is far from being small for his age. I wouldnt bother listening tosomeone who doesnt have any kids
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my 11month old just weighs 15 pounds...i think your 9 month old is fine.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my 10mth old is 23.3lbs
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011