Philedelphia cooking cream

have you used it for other recipes besides what's on the container or the insert?

i used the italian herb & cheese to make baked ziti. it was a lot easier than making a ricotta cheese mixture, and tasted the same, yummy =)

in my fridge i have the santa fe & the savory garlic. i just dont have a lot of the stuff that the recipes given on the container call for.

what else have you used it for?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Good to know. I saw it in the stores but went ahead and grabbed my usual cream cheese. I use cream cheese in a lot of dishes, so this sounds like a product I would love.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I hate cream cheese, but it looks like a great idea. How would I use it,....like with what dish?
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Havent tried this yet, but definitely want to!!! It looks really good on tv :)
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I didn't even know it existed until I was at the grocery store this week. We don't use a lot of cream cheese except at holidays.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I saw a coupon for it in last Sunday's paper and was curious to see if anyone has tried it. Maybe I will pick some up next time I go grocery shopping.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have only used it once so far - I mixed it into spaghetti sauce. I didn't really check out the recipes, but I have 2 more in my fridge now and I'm going to at least make something similar to what's on them!
    Anonymous

• oh yes, you should definitely give it a try if you already use cream cheese in a lot of dishes. i am not one to use cream cheese except for on a bagel, and i personally love this new product!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• cooking with it changes the flavor, so put the taste of cream cheese completely at the back of your mind when cooking with this product. i have only used it once to make the baked ziti, and followed the directions on the insert for baked penne. i just only had ziti noodles lol so it was the same thing. basically sautee some onion and garlic, then brown the meat in the same pan. add a jar of pasta sauce, some mozz. cheese & half the container of the philly italian herb & cheese. pour the mixture into a 13x9 baking pan, add the rest of the philly cream and mix, top with mozz cheese and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• oh and of course add the noodles. haha forgot to include that part.
    tnm786

• ONLY USED CREAM CHEESE FOR DIPS
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2011