Brothers girlfriend

My brothers girlfriend is the mother of my nephew which I love as much as my own. My brother and her have a on again off again deal going. I like her, she is nice to me. But I recently found out she slept with my brothers BFF of 10 years. It killed my brother, he does love her, and I am so mad! What a slut, should I confront her for hurting him like this? The only reason I hold back is my nephew I dont want mess things up with being able to see him.

greenbeanmoma

Asked by greenbeanmoma at 1:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Very hard not to say anything but he is with your brother not you and you saying something will only make it worse for you.............sucks I know
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 1:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I think you should stay out of it and be supportive of what your brother wants. This is his relationship and the mother of his child and if he can work it out with her, that is what's best for your nephew. Good luck!
    qtnik

Answer by qtnik at 1:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• No I would stay out of it. If they are on again off again it was a matter of time before something major happened. I would focus on keeping the relationship with your nephew good. In time it might be a benefit for your brother. Lets say she doesnt want him to visit or gets stupid, you could be the mediator if you atleast pretend to be on good terms.

Answer by gemgem at 1:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I meant she sorry
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 1:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You need to STAY OUT. It's hard not to be your brother's defender, I know... but he needs to handle this.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't say a word. The truth will come out and at that time your brother will need all the support you can give him.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I wouldnt say anything about it, I know you love your brother and you are hurt and angry for him but in the big scheme of things it isnt really any of your business. Just be there for your brother, and keep your comments to yourself. Easier said then done I know, but it's probably for the best. Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• IMO. what she did with your brother BFF is non of your business. Just be their for your nephew.

Answer by louise2 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Sounds familar. My brother was in the military and while he was out at training his gf at the time (they did eventually got married) cheated she swares she didn't but she was at my brothers house and I dropped by as he asked and her ex and her were sleeping in my brothers bed (they had a kid together) the only thing that saved her was her daughter was there. My brother forgave her (his girlfriend before that cheated on him too while he was in afgastan and told him while he was there). He forgave her and they ended up having a kid together. (oh yeah they forgot to tell us they were getting married we found out by chance). They are now divorsed she cheated several times during their marrage. He now has his son and step daughter living with him. She is a part time mommy when she needs help. So I would confront her if it was me i did that. No knowing your brother I would he do that to you. It may take time to open his eyes.
    aus14

Answer by aus14 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Unfortunately nothing you could do will change what happened. Sometimes it is causes more harm then good when we try to get into someone elses' affairs. Maybe this woman will truely have remorse and change for the better. I know you are angry and hurt for your brother, just be there for him and mind to your own business. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2011