Do you confuse dreams with reality?

This is horrible, but I do it all the time. For instance, my son had a book report due last week. He worked really hard on it and I keep asking him if they got their grades but apparently, they are still presenting them. Anyway, I have a memory of him telling me he got an A, but I don't know if I dreamed it or not. Anyone else do this? Please tell me I'm not the only one!

drowninginboys

Asked by drowninginboys at 12:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• OMG! Thank god im not the only one.. I do this all the time.. I even did it a few nights ago.. I woke up this morning mad because i lost my nose ring and didnt have another one.. But my nose ring was still in my nose and i coulnt remember if i had lost it for sure yesterday or if i was dreaming... It was so weird. But sometimes my daughter will do stuff and then i dream stuff and i cant remember what was reality or what was a dream... SO WEIRD!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 1:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Sounds like you need more sleep or time to concentrate so you wont confuse the two. Smetimes when someone is really tired things like this happen.
    Anonymous

• well, not exactly like that, but i do sometimes mess them up with reality. like once, my son was crying in his room, he had woken up and was ready to get out. i heard him, and normally i get up and get him and feed him breakfast. well, i dreampt i did. apparently he stopped crying, and started up again later, because i heard him again. i heard it, and then i dreampt again, but this time i dreampt that my dh had come home from work for breakfast, and had gotten him. i guess he had stopped crying again, cuz the next thing i knew, my dh had actually came home for breakfast and was waking me up, asking how long our DS had been awake. i was like "i thought you got him..." and everything came flooding back to me...that's when i realized it all must have been a dream.
    Anonymous

• I've done it as a teen before, dreampt that my dad woke me up for school, and i was actually getting dressed, just for him to wake me up again, but this time 20 minutes before i had to be there...this only happens when i'm seriously overtired though.
    Anonymous

• I do that all the time. My dreams are so realistic sometimes I get confused.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yes, I am a bit of an insomniac and always trying to do 20 things at once. I guess that's why. But I always dream about things that have already happened. It gets confusing!! lol
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Haha I just did that last night actually and was just thinking about it while I was turning the computer on. My son has a public health nurse come and check up on him occassionally and the other day I had to call and reschedule our appt. for the day before we leave for vacation but I guess I had a dream last night that she called and cancelled it so as I was turning on my computer this morning I happened to see her business card and got mad that I wouldn't be able to have my son weighed before we left. I had to think about it for a while to really convince myself it was actually a dream and I DO have to remember to get up early when she comes this Tuesday!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2008