Do you open your door.....

Do you open your door when you know it's the Jehovah's Witnesses. Or do you turn off the lights and tell everyone to shut up and be quiet.

KoolMom617

Asked by KoolMom617 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Religious Debate

• It depends on my mood. I've let them in several times and talked with them for like an hour just to learn about what they believe and have a little bit of debate. They're always really nice. I think they're a little fascinated that I'm an atheist. It's annoying that they try to convert by going door to door, but their beliefs are no more crazy than any other god belief. All Christians are equally crazy in my eyes.
    mommy2myles

Answer by mommy2myles at 12:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I open the door and explain to them I am not interested and to please not return to my home.

Answer by gemgem at 2:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I always open the door and talk, and ask that they continue on their way safely. They're just people, and don't deserve to be treated inappropriately.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• It is usually the Mormons here... our local JWs have knocked once, and almost fell off of the steps running away when they were informed that we are Atheists, and that their paraphernalia has no place contaminating my home.
    On occasion I have invited them in, I am more than willing to share my beliefs with them if they come knocking ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I open the door to tell them to go away. Otherwise, they keep knocking.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't open my door to anyone I don't know.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I open the door and have a chat. I don't mind really. They are usually really nice people and i feel bad that people are rude to them all the time.

Now...those people always trying to sell magazines...i don't even open the door.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My DH once opened the door for JW and they wanted to come come in the house and and talk. He said if they come in they have to abide by his house rules then said that he's a nudist and they would be expected to drop the dresses. They took off quickly. I was cracking up listening to him though. No more JW's have come back to our fully clothed nudist home :)
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I open the door because they will keep coming back until you do. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I've only ever had JWs at my door once, and because I knew them personally they just came in and said Hi to the kids and left. But on the very very rare times when Mormons have come to the door I have always welcomed them in to my home. I am very firm in my beliefs and have no reason to fear their religion or the corresponding views. I enjoy the conversation, education about their beliefs and I enjoy educating them on the beliefs of Pagans.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2011