i am way over due and was wondering how much castro oil should i drink to help send me into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Do you know WHY castor oil works to induce labor? It launches your body into hell and tricks your uterus into thinking that your body isn't a safe place to grow a baby anymore...and after your body goes through the hell of castor oil therapy, you have hours of labor and passing an 8 pound human through your vaginal canal to look forward to. Just wait. Birth has been happening on its own for thousands of years, your baby will come when s/he is ready. You can ask your doc to induce you but that's almost as painful as the castor oil. Just relax, rest your body and look forward to the birth ahead. Enjoy the last moments of having your baby all to yourself. GL
    Karinza

Answer by Karinza at 7:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• How far over due are you?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• How far overdue are you? Depending, it might not be time to be concerned yet or anything. I went into labor eleven days past my due date. A due date is just a guess, so you shouldn't let everything ride on it alone. I didn't drink castor oil. No way. YUCK. I just waited it out and she came when she was ready.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• two weeks over due
    Anonymous

• i really would't
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I wouldn't take a chance drinking that stuff, I have heard a lot of bad things about it. Talk to your doctor, maybe they can induce you.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Urgh don't drink that stuff, after 2 weeks there's a possibility that if you ask the doctor then he will agree that you can be induced. gl.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 12:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• ewwww castro oil.... put on a pair of shoes and walk, sex will do it too, a nice bumpy ride in an old pick up truck, but ewwwww casto oil?!?!?!
    GOOD LUCK MAMMA
    NoshnBasket

Answer by NoshnBasket at 12:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• How about none? I tried that twice and all it did was make me have to poo real bad and made me sick. It didnt work at all. Try sex and walking.

Answer by gemgem at 12:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• You're not supposed to use that, call your OB first
    Anonymous