Single mom trying to have another child.

hi everyone i need help deciding what to do, i have a 4 yr old with autism, financially i'm doing great, i do live with my mom and dad and they are so thrilled about being grandparents, but my concern is my mom is going through a really bad depression and the only thing that keeps her sane is my son kaylan, idk what to do. i really think having another child will be good for my mom but a part of me is scared that my mom could get worse. can any one help me?!!

shoegal1787

Asked by shoegal1787 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it's really not a good idea to have a baby for the sake of someone else. Have you tried getting your mom help? By a professional?
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i don't think you having another child will help your mother. she needs a doctor and/or medication to help her through this.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I understand what you are saying, and having a mother with mental illness and grand babies that make her happy, that negative projection will go on to your children, you Can't help her by having another child - I'm sorry your mom is not doing well
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Your mother needs to be seeing a counselor, not you having another child. Having another child because you think it will help your mom is NOT a reason to have another child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Your mom needs professional help, in my opinion.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 6:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• IF you have another baby, it needs to be because you want to, not for your mom. First, I doubt it will help her. Second, you will be a mother to 2 kids, one with autism, and who's to say your second wouldn't have any conditions? You need to have a baby because you want to, and you have given thought to whether or not you can handle having 2 kids. This really kind of seems like when a woman decides to have another baby to save her marriage: it's not going to work, and it's the wrong reason.

I'd give this a lot more thought. And see about getting your mom some help to get her through her depression.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Seek help for Mom and DO NOT have another kid thinking it will help her. Did it EVER occure to you that she may be depressed because YOUR at home WITH a child and single? Sure your $ is good. YOUR NOT PAYING YOUR OWN WAY! Grow the fuck up girl! having another child and still living at home is a VERY childish thing. I swear there out to be a law that you have to have a liscense to have and raise kids.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Ignore the ignorant comments. Nobody has right to judge you ESPECIALLY without knowing your circumstances. After that comment I feel like making it know that correct spelling is: OCCUR, OUGHT, LICENSE. Ok now to my advice. I agree with the others. Please seek your mother help before she gets any worse and base your decision on whether YOU want another child. Good luck and I wish you and your family the best of luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2011