Why do some men.....

Need to be reminded to bathe daily? Isn't this common sense? Do they smell themselves?

KoolMom617

Asked by KoolMom617 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Health

• LMAO!!!! I feel like getting off the couch, going upstairs, dragging my husband out of bed, and shoving his face into the computer screen. He needs a better viewing of this question. I get it that we all get tired and can't bring ourselves to get in the bath tub sometimes... BUT!!! When it's getting to the point that one is leaving funk where ever they've sat, then he needs to get into the shower. And yes, I am talking about my husband. Thank goodness he's gotten better at this issue.
    LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 5:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• EW. I know what you mean... and brush their teeth! I swear my ex would go well over 2 weeks without brushing, and bathe only when his clothes stuck to him if I didn't remind him... hell, I had to tell him to use soap!! The man was 30+, no excuse. He had the raunchiest BO from eating junk food all of the time too. OMFG.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Oh WOW! I DO NOT have this problem and to be honest with you, thought it only existed on TV. DH bathes twice a day and I have NEVER had to remind him to brush his teeth, If he smells like anything other than Old Spice it's because he's just been working out.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My Hubby bathes twice a day also. I asked the question because I've noticed odors at my workplace where sometimes they stink for a couple of days in a row.
    KoolMom617

Comment by KoolMom617 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'd like to take the opportunity to note that he is my "ex"... this was one of the many, many, many reasons.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Bathing every day washes away natural body oils that are important. He needs to tell his doctor if he's bathing twice a day. Have you ever had someone who bathes daily and the body wash they use stinks worse than body odor? I have. I'd rather deal with body odor than nasty perfumed body wash
    Anonymous

• Some men really do have bad hygiene. I know it's INCREDIBLY frustrating being with one of these guys!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• eww!!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• lol eww... i'm so glad my dh is ocd about taking a shower and keeping clean
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My hubby would be one of those men, but he works in a coal mine and HAS to shower daily. He is filthy when he comes home. Black from head to toe.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 5:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2011