I lost about 18 lbs in about a month, I'm 16 weeks almost 17, should I be concerned about the well-being of my baby?

Kristie20

Asked by Kristie20 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• YES!!! That much weight loss at one time isn't healthy for someone who isn't pregnant. Please call your doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Have you changed your diet making more healthy choices? that could make a difference. What does you ob say?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would def. talk to yur dr. about the weight loss.. i lost alot of weight as well due to morning sickeness.. or all day sickness (as i called it) my son was born perfectly healthey but i would def. bring it up with your dr. and drink ensure!!! thats waht my dr. had me drink
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I am having the same issue, but not as extreame. I have lost 10 lbs now since last friday. I have an appt with my ob next week about it.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• amber not as extreme are you crazy girl you lost 10 pounds in a week and that is not extreme.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I know that I have changed my diet and not eating quite as much, more fruits and veggies and not so much meats or grains. I'm pretty heavy anyway but it doesn't seem natural becaue usually I can't lose more than 10 lbs in over a month.
    Kristie20

Comment by Kristie20 (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have not been able to see an OB yet, so I'm concerned. I have no insurance yet.
    Kristie20

Comment by Kristie20 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• you should file for pregnancy medicaid ASAP, if you haven't. and see a doctor.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Oh I have, I applied with healthwave and they are just now working on getting me insurance. That was like in December when I first found out.
    Kristie20

Comment by Kristie20 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Well hopefully they will get that figured out for you. U do need your prenatal care and they like to see you around 12 weeks so the sooner you can get in the better. And response to jodi, trust me it worries me, that's why I have an appt next week. I know baby is fine I can already feel baby moving, but I also have changed my diet and began eating healthier. I would be calling to find out why your insurance hasn't gone through yet. You may just have to go and pay some until it gets started. Good luck to you!!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2011