Cramping

I have been having cramps off and on all day since 4am when I got up to go pee...dont know if I should call my doctor because I would feel like a burden Im 41 and have had kids before but I never had issues like I have had with this pregnancy. I really just want some opinions of what yall think I should do....thanks

michellesgirls2

Asked by michellesgirls2 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well first, how far along are you? That plays a big part.
    In early pregnancy, cramping is very normal. Many women experience period like cramping, it's nothing to worry about as long as you aren't bleeding.
    During the second trimester and later, what you perceive as cramping may actually be round ligament pain - it's just your muscles stretching to accommodate your growing womb. Nothing to worry about. When was your last pregnancy? Considering your age - not that you're really old - if it's been a long while since your last pregnancy, your body may have more trouble adjusting. Good luck. :) Hopefully everything will be just fine.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• how far along are you? I've been having cramps but the docorts say it's more of a growing pain than cramps.
    thehaneyrock

Answer by thehaneyrock at 2:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• and also if your worried the slightest bit call your doctor they get paid to do that kind of thing you're not being a burden but a concerned mother.
    thehaneyrock

Answer by thehaneyrock at 2:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Oh sorry I guess I should have told ya how far along I am lol....Im almost 23wks and its been 8yrs since my last pregnancy this wasnt planned I was on bc....thanks again
    michellesgirls2

Comment by michellesgirls2 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Just to be on the safe side, give your ob a call. Just explain what is going on and see if he or she would like to see you. Also, while you are wating for a response from the doc because they normally call u back, drink 2 or 3 glasses of water and lay on your left side. See it that helps.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You should call you doctor anytime you have a worry about your pregnancy. You dont want to be stressed. Good Luck!
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 4:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2011