Tips for Disneyland?

I have been several times as a kid, but I want to get the MOST out of the trip for my family, who has never been. My kids are 4, 3 and 1. My husband has never been either. My parents want to tag along to (at their own expense) and offered to help us out with the kids so Matt and I could get the most out of it- it will double as a sort of "honeymoon" for us. :) We're military, and my budget is about $2000... any suggestions for hotels, MUST SEEs, or good discounts? I want to get the MOST out of this that I can!!!

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 2:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Travel

• Staying on the resort also gives you early admission to the parks. We stayed at the Paradise Pier last summer and had a great time.

Check out mousesavers.com for Disney deals. And for snacks, there is a SuperTarget not very far away. There are also some Subway restaurants, etc, off the park grounds... when you're back in your room you can head out to one of those places for a less expensive meal. Disney Dining is NOT cheap.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I can tell you the best rides. Its a small world, pirates of the carrebean, jungle cruise, tiki room, just to name a few. Try to use your miltary discount as most stores, hotels,etc. As for hotels we did suite with a kitchen and family all stayed together and divided the bill. If go then go to the disney shops outside of park and cheaper for suvinors. Also if allow take candy or snacks and that will cut down on food bill.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Stay on the resort. I suggest The Disneyland Hotel. That way, you can walk to DT Disney, DisneyLand, and California Adventure. Get park hopper passes too. We did two character meals when we stayed, which were TOTALLY WORTH IT!!
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• OK finally an area i feel that i can truly help! lol I go to disney alot and have it down to a science. If you are going to Disneyland not Disneyworld it may be a little different, but my best advice is rent a house! Especially since your parents are going. I am not sure what homes California has to offer but on VRBO.COM you can rent houses ANYWHERE and they cost about the same as a decent hotel depending on how many rooms etc... The ones we get in Florida have a screened pool 2 master suites kid themed rooms, a game room with darts, pool table, foosball etc. & they are beautiful. Buy your groceries and cook, eat before you go to the park, or get a platter or 2 there & share just to hold you over. With a 1 yr old you may want to break during the day and go to the house a bit for lunch and naps then head back out when most are leaving the park to go home for dinner. My baby is crying gotta go, please email me for more ideas
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Renting a house in FLA is a great idea, I honestly do not recommend doing this in California. My reason, Anaheim is a run down DUMP. The only nice thing about it is INSIDE the Magical gates of DISNEY.

Anonymous

• I never knew that thanks,,,, I have always rented a home in FLA never have in Cali, always had a hotel there because we never knew of home renting the times we were in Cali, thanks!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• There are many inexpensive hotel right across the street from the park. Sometimes its cheaper to get the tickets separate and the hotel than doing the package on disneyland.com
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 12:18 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We stayed at the Anabella Hotel last time (five years ago!) and LOVED it... is that the one you're talking about?
    livn4hevn

Comment by livn4hevn (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2011