Needing advise...

okay so i got this uncle that i can not stand. He lives right next to us and he is an a** hole. Everytime someone in the family has a baby he calls wail fare on them and tries to get the kids tooken away.. My cousin just had a baby and he's not even 2 weeks old yet and my uncle called them on her already but they moved b4 he called them so they didnt take the baby. Well my little baby girl will be here in 11 weeks and im scared that he'll have her taken away. My little Emelie is my prife and joy already. So what can i do about my uncle?

babi_gurl19

Asked by babi_gurl19 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• your uncle cannot just have your child taken away. he has to prove abuse. if you dont abuse or neglect your child you have nothing to worry about
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• As long as you are providing a safe and loving home for Emelie you are fine.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Some of this doesn't make sense to me. CPS, Child Protective Services does not just come in and take your children for no reason, or just because your uncle called. They must find reasons that you are an unfit parent. Maybe you could speak to your uncle and find out what his issue is and maybe if he sees how much you love your baby, he won't make that call.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• im sorry your uncle is doing this but maybe have a talk with him tell that you dont appreciate how he is treating you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• WTH??? Why is he doing this??? Don't worry about it though as long as your not doing anything wrong they can't do anything to you, but wow, that's one of the craziest things I've ever heard.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Nothing. CPS doesn't just swoop in and take children from thier parents. The conduct and investigation to determine if the child has experienced abuse or neglect, determine the degree of abuse or neglect, and take actions based on what they find. In most cases CPS complaints end with the family remianing intact and recieving community services if they need them.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We had a neighbor that did this. She called on us. CPS came in and could immediately tell that she was lying, but had to do their routine investigation anyways. Of course, everything turned out fine. Just take good care of your little angel, and they willl have no reason to take her. Good luck with your new one and try not to worry.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I might consider calling mental health services for HIM... he sounds unbalanced.

THere is a point where he will be the Boy Who Cried Wolf. I have a feeling he might already be there.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You child can't be taken away unless there are grounds to have them taken away!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• thank you for ur advise ladies :) means alot to me. and i would never abuse a child so they have no worries in that but he called them on my cousin cuz she had to go over to her parents for warm water cuz they didnt have any. and im afraid cuz our house isnt the cleanest. its livable but it just hard to keep it clean cuz my sister has a 1 yr old and she's a messy little thing lol.
    babi_gurl19

Comment by babi_gurl19 (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2011