Is anyone else tired of helping other people? Mostly venting.

Don't get me wrong I think that we should provide a little asst. to ALL goes thru a horrific thing like this, but It ALWAYS seems like that when something happens elsewhere we are the first to aide.
There are alot of people right here in the U.S that need help and it's being taken away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, help our people first, and when we don't have any more homeless and hungry, then go for it! Help everyone else when you have your own house in order.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• NO. It feels good to help. You should try it.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I found myself somewhat in the same mindset this morning. I pretty much have already decided I would not be charitable with today's events. Especially after Haiti's loss of money that was sent as charitable contributions. Nobody seems to know where it went. Anyway, my husband and I have decided to only be charitable to our church for the next two years. All of our charitable giving has been suspended to outside sources of any kind.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• – collapse
    You want to help your own country? Than tell your congress person to raise taxes. The only way we are going to get out of the recession is not from budget cuts, but from spending more tax dollars on our own country. The more taxes we pay the more money goes back into our economy and we can get school programs back up and running and teachers better pay, and police men better policies, etc. It's a ripple effect. Higher taxes might suck but it pays off.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Efficient and Effective assistance during a crisis/ emergency is a good thing... But the problem and disconnect occurs with some taking the liberty to redefine "crisis/emergency"....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You don't have to send money you can send clothes, if you're a rich billionaire provide your own helicopter to fly over and rescue those people stranded by the tsunami. God don't blame the people for the earthquake. Shit happens.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• ^^wth is in the water these days..................
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Imogine -- I help a ton of people right here! I volunteer at a food pantry, a rape crisis center, both my kids schools, 2 different soup kitchens and an AA group. It does feel good to help, but we have people at home who need that help.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Okay so why would it hurt the people you are helping to help other people who need it too?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Doing good deeds for others is far more rewarding that only offering empty prayers.
    Prayers do nothing but make the person praying feel better.

Your actions would go farther imo.
    Anonymous