Should James Clapper, Director of National Intelligence resign...?

Over remarks he made about the current military situation in Libya?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/03/10/graham.clapper.libya/

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think there are a couple comments he made that were very unprofessional...not sure he should resign though

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• not really up to me.
    certainly there are underlying things going on we don't hear, and discussions we are not privy to that may have been fresh in his mind.
    however, when he receives this sort of salary and responsibily, the loose lips need to be restrained.
    someone above him needs to make a move to either curtail future embarrassments, or nip it in the bud now.
    I like clean cut decisions that are fairly swift and pragmatic.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• however, when he receives this sort of salary and responsibily, the loose lips need to be restrained. someone above him needs to make a move to either curtail future embarrassments, or nip it in the bud now. I like clean cut decisions that are fairly swift and pragmatic.

I agree

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• It was certainly stupid for him to so it, however he is correct. I am up in the air on his resigning.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• *say*
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• On second thought, Yes he should resign. he didn't know about the bombings in England and supports MB. Had to do some checking. He is an idiot.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I think it isn't Clapper's issue. I think it is the fault of the person asking the question. He was asked there to be candid and honest and then is asked a question to which a gave a candid, honest answer and there is outrage? Why? If you don't want the candid, honest answers to be public, then don't ask the question in public.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Sincere questions...I do not know really anything about this guy. So the issue is he was straightforward in answering the committees questions, and did not explain? Or what? Or does the issue seem to be that he is not keeping up to date on the current issues? Or is it because he wasn't elusive and diplomatic? I just don't know enough about the guy to even make a call. Is he opinionated and bucking the party line of what he is supposed to say? Or is it that he is just plain incompetent? Too many questions for answers! lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011