Do YOU feel it is better being a SAHM while your kids are so young than going to work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• For me yes, but for other moms, they probably feel that they are more useful bringing in the dough. And that's okay too. THere's no right or wrong way to be a mom unless you're abusive and neglectful.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I was a sahm for my older kids.And it was the best choice then.But for my last child,It was not financially doableI think it just depends on your circumstances.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My personal opinion.

One is not better than the other. Not all families have the same needs, goals, etc.. Most importantly, not all WOMEN share the same needs, goals, dreams, etc.

One is not universally right and the other universally wrong.. Whether a SAHP (stay at home parent) is better or not for a family, is up to that individual family. Each family has to decide for themselves, for their own reasons, if they feel it's best to have a SAHP or not.

I worked until my son was 10. Became a SAHM and still am one and my son will soon be 20 and no longer lives at home. This is what was/is best for me and mine.. Every other woman/mom must decide what is best for her and hers.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Each family has different needs and has to do what works for them.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I agree 200% with pixie.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• There isn't a single standard that can be applied to every family.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My mother has raised us very old fashioned and has stayed home with all of us kids. She cooked every single night, decorated our clothes/hair bows, cleaned up after everyone besides our daily chores, was the classroom mom, perticipated in the PTA, plus helped run my step dads buisness and so on. I have gone a step further and decided to homeschool my children and its one of the best choices I have made. My husband and I our also old fashioned and believe for our family that I should stay home while he works ouside the home making the money. I hope to pass on our values to our children one day but if they choose a different life style then that is fine with us as long as there happy :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Really? This question again?
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 4:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• There of course no right answer to this question. I am a working mother, financially it is necessary for our family, and I do not believe that I would make a good SAHM. Some are made for it and others are not. I don't have an opinion as long as you are doing the best you can for your family.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• WAY BETTER!
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 7:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011