Gall stones?

Can anyone tell me what it's like to have a gallstone? I keep having these labor like pains in my upper abdomen. I'm nauseated and throwing up. It may just be a bad flu,but both my mom and sister had theirs removed.

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Health

• Thats what it feels like...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• The pain should be right near your breast plat, you know...where your ribs meet in the middle.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Should it be constant or come and go?
    motherwanting6

Comment by motherwanting6 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Come and go usually.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Attacks usually come and go...mine were felt more higher up and in my back, it was painful to breathe....my gallbladder was packed solid and looked like a solid mass on the ultrasound and MRI.

Just if you get a diagnosis and removal is suggested, be aware of a possible side effect not usually talked about. Google: Bile Salt Diarrhea. It's not fun and I had it daily for about 5 years after my surgery, now I have it about once or twice a month!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I felt mine in the same location as yours, but I also felt it really bad in my back and chest, really really bad in the chest. At time I swore I was having a heart attack. I would suggest watching it, keep a diary of your diet & when the pain starts & watch for fever and extreme vomiting/ect. If it gets unbearable I would be checked out right away. Also I work in women's health awareness & have struggled myself with health battles and one of the most important things that I have learned is; If a woman has symptoms for longer than 5 days whether its of and on or constant, she should seek medical attention because despite what some doctors say; it is not normal to experience symptoms for that length of time. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 10:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have just been diagnosed with gall bladder stones and panchreitis its no joke mine is in the stomach and my pain comes and goes I am not wanting surgery so I am drinking more water and starting to eating healthier.
    wwjd2007

Answer by wwjd2007 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2011