Okay question here! WWYD?

Okay so my DS who is 6 just came running in the house off the school bus to tell me he wanted to go outside but he had to change his underwear first because he had waited to long and pooped in them. My first question: Did you tell a teacher? His answer: Yes I told Mrs (didn't recognize the name) and she told me it was okay and I could just change clothes when I got home. I asked him was ti the end of the day? He said it was. But WHY? Would they not just call me!? Even if it was bus call WHY would they put him on the bus knowing his underwear were full of poop? My son isn't bothered by it but I am. He no social skills so we as the adults should be stepping in and helping him not sending him to ride the bus next to another child while he smells like poop. I am sure he was teased but he would never notice. I dunno if I should drive up to the school now, call in the AM(phones are closed now), send a note tomorrow, let it go... what would you do? This has never happened before!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would call the school, most schools have extra clothes in the nurses office for things like this. I would question them about it and see why they just let him stay that way.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• WTH? The school should have called you or at the VERY least provided him a place to clean up in and some fresh clothing, even if he had to go commando in them...I would call the school and make my own big stink about this
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would be pissed. I find that very unacceptable. Yes, a call should have been placed to you. I would call the school, and be calm about it, even though it may be hard.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would definitely call the school or go there myself in the morning. I don't know how long your son is on the school bus and odds are the teacher doesn't know, either, but when I was in school and rode the bus, some kids were on the bus for nearly an hour. I never let my daughter sit in her poopy diaper for longer than about 5 or 10 minutes to make sure she's finished so I find anything longer than that totally unacceptable. Regardless if it's a baby or an older child.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• When my ds was in school (I home school now) they sent my ds home in underwear that they had just dumped the poop out of! I was livid, especially since I sent a change of clothes for them at school! I would definitely let them know you are unhappy! What decent person sends a child home with poop in their pants. I feel the teacher needs to be dealt with as well, that was a horrible thing to do to a child!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 13, 2011