Really bad stomach pains? Please help

So i am only 20 weeks pregnant and last night i was laying in bed and all a sudden when i turned to one side i got really bad pain in my stomach, i felt really sick but i wasn't bleeding or anything. Is this ok or could something be wrong with the baby.

Mommytobe403

Asked by Mommytobe403 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would call your OB. Are you still hurting today? How long did the pain last? It could be that your baby hit a nerve when you switched sides also during pregnancy the body has more blood volume than usual it can cause hypotension, dizziness and nausea.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i am not hurting anymore no, it lasted about 15 minutes then was gone but being this is the first time i have been pregnant it really scared me.
    Mommytobe403

Answer by Mommytobe403 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I can understand your concern. I would call your OB tomorrow just to update him/her on what happened. If they think it is a cause for concern they will tell you to come in. BUT always follow your gut instinct as a mom. Even though this is your first child our body tells us when something is wrong...always listen to it. You also have a "mother's instinct".....which signals you to take action concerning your child whether your pregnant or already given birth.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I go in tomorow for my ultra sound so i will talk to him about it. Hopefully everything is ok.
    Mommytobe403

Answer by Mommytobe403 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Did it feel like a charley horse in your stomach? If it did that's ligament pain. It usually happens when you change positions or move too quickly. You'll find there are a lot of things that happen during pregnancy that NOBODY TELLS YOU ABOUT! When I was pregnant with my son, the biggest surprise was the placenta. No one really explained to me how it felt, I just heard labor horror stories. If it's something that doesn't go away, ask your doctor. Remember there's a little one in there and all your insides have got to move around too!
    Pregowithsecond

Answer by Pregowithsecond at 1:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Good to hear. I'm sure all is well the body is an amazing thing and during pregnancy it takes on many protective mechanisms so that you can carry your child to full term. Hopefully after tomorrow you will have peace of mind that all is well. Best wishes and Congrats!

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I dont know what a charley hourse feels like :( it was just a really sharp pain in my stomach as i turned and lasted about 15 min and went away it just made me a lil nauseas but today i feel fine, just got worried.
    Mommytobe403

Answer by Mommytobe403 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2008