Have your kids every needed surgery???

Asked by jenn4443 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Health

• Yes, emergency surgery on her hip. Simply put- staph infection in the growth space of her hip bone. Very Rare but most common (compared to the world) in Houston (where we live)....She was in the hospital for 1 week... If it had not been diagnosed as fast as it did & cared for properly she could have lost her leg..

(the staph most likely got thru a tiny cut somewhere, went into her blood stream, instead of settling on skin as usual & decided to take up home in the growing space of her hip bone. This can only happen to kids who are still growing)

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• DS had tubes in his ears...He had to go under general anesthesia but it only lasted a few minutes!

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• both my boys had tubes in their ears. my daughter no surgery for her!

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 3:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yes, laser eye surgery for glaucoma. Hope your little one is okay.

Answer by mamaada at 3:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yes, stitches for an injury and shoulder surgery

Answer by elizabr at 3:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My ds is having his 2nd cleft palate surgery on the 29th of this month.

Answer by jilligan362 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My daughter had a rod put in her back because she had scoliosis and my son had kidney stones that he couldn't pass so they had to break them up with lithotripsy.

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My oldest had to have surgury and was given morfine to help with the pain. She had a cyst under her arm that had to be drained and turned out it was mrsa.

Answer by momindiana at 4:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• both my kids have, one had to have all his teeth fixed and was totally put out, it was done at the hospital when he was 4, and the other one had a undecended testicle that needed to be moved when he was 11

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My little girl had her tonsils and adenoids removed. My little boy has has circumcision redone when he was 4. Ouch. Hopefully the baby won't ever need anything done. **fingers crossed**

Answer by CaseyErin at 5:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2011